This is just the start of our journey, and we have a lot to do. Due to this, we have a very exciting opportunity for talented Maintenance Co-ordinators to work in our Maintenance Department.
You will be joining our property team based just of off Easter Road in Edinburgh. In a newly refurbished business centre close to the city centre, offering a great transport service and surrounded by all local amenities a vibrant place to work with an exciting company culture.
Hours - Monday to Friday, 9 - 5pm
We’re proud to offer;
- Salary £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
- 32 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Company socials
- That all important pension scheme to save for your retirement
- ARLA/Propertymark qualifications funded by us! (Subject to T&C’s)
- Modern offices, technology and refreshment facilities
- Health assured app for all your wellbeing needs
- Excellent growth and development opportunities and to also learn alongside accomplished business leaders in the industry.
You will undertake a range of duties not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance requests
- Deliver a high standard of customer service for all customers. Ensure we are being pro-active when we manage maintenance issues.
- Understand Landlord and Tenants responsibilities when managing the day-to-day requests so we can be clear to customers around their responsibilities for the property.
- Manage the day-to-day telephone and email requests from Landlords and tenants.
- Ensure all tickets are logged and managed effectively.
- Take responsibility for outstanding tickets and manage the tickets in a timely manner. Chase any outstanding tickets where necessary.
- The ability to deal with conflict and an ability to demonstrate strong negotiation skills to resolve conflict.
- Work with contractors to ensure work carried out is done in a timely manner and to the right standard
- Ensure all certifications are up to date and make sure any renewals have been arranged in a timely manner, so properties are fully compliant.
- The ability to deal with conflict and an ability to demonstrate strong negotiation skills to resolve daily conflict.
- Work with the team leader to ensure KPIs are achieved and escalate any issues when appropriate.
All offers are conditional on verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you if successful along with any conditional offer.
- Proven experience in property service or property maintenance
- Verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Good organisational skills with a problem-solving ability
- Good communication/negotiation skills and very competent in resolving conflict and potential disputes
- Confident at relaying information
- Born multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good IT skills, MS office and call centre equipment/software programmes
- We prefer applicants to hold college or university qualifications
As market leader in Scotland, D J Alexander has 40 years’ experience and is constantly expanding, developing and striving to change the Property Industry. D J Alexander is a trusted brand with a strong heritage, known for our customer care with clients and employees alike.
At the end of 2021, D J Alexander was acquired by the Lomond Group, a network of regional Lettings and Estate Agency’s across the UK, further strengthening the DJ Alexander brand in Scotland and expanding the foothold with premises in Edinburgh, St Andrews, Aberdeen and Glasgow. We are now looking to strengthen a team bound by a true passion for customer service, to enable us to deliver immediate and sustained growth in Scotland and achieve our vision to create the best agency in Scotland.